So, I know that not everyone is into the whole Valentine’s Day thing, but even when I was single (my first boyfriend wasn’t until Todd at 21—whoa! #picky) it’s always been one of my favorite days because it’s also my middle name! It’s actually my grandmother’s maiden name, so I wasn’t named after the holiday, but I never knew that growing up and I just thought it was kind of an extra day for me somehow. I also gave Lola the same middle name so it’s even more special this year. I guess Todd’s got a lot of work this month with two Valentines on his hands! Anyway, please excuse me if a few of my fave things are pink right now—I just can’t help it!!
2. Trying to get myself psyched up to start doing some home workouts again. For some reason, I’m convinced a pair of adorable sneakers will help? Or maybe this pair … if any of you moms know any good postpartum workout videos online, let me know!
3. I love to play my favorite musical soundtracks around the house and while we haven’t quite had to figure out a “screen time” policy for 8-month-old Lola yet, I’m pretty sure she can watch all the old musicals she wants when she gets bigger! I have a pretty good collection of my favorites on DVD, but I should get some more boxsets of the best since they can still be hard to find on streaming services.
4. Daylight savings is creeping closer and closer (come on March 11!!) and I cannot wait until the sun stays out longer. Totally got that winter crabbiness on repeat, so hoping that will help!!
5. I love reading about zero waste ideas lately to make your home greener and more efficient. I’m not sure that I’ll ever be 100% there if I’m being totally honest, but it’s amazing how much you really can reduce waste in your home when you put in a little bit of effort! Super inspiring …
6. Just got a name necklace that says “Lola” for my Christmas present in the mail, so my transformation into full motherhood is complete now, right? I mean, I’m pretty sure wearing your baby’s name is the final step in that process!
7. It would be so fun to have a crazy wallpaper room in the house—this would be amazing!
8. I was thinking back through some of the past Valentine’s Days I’ve had with Todd (this will be our 12th one together—whoa!) and how every year I used to decorate the whole dining room of whatever apartment or house I was living in at the time with full-on streamers, hanging hand-cut paper hearts, or whatever I could find that was pink! I really put a lot of work into those dinners and it was so fun to see his face every year when I “revealed” the final result. I figure with a baby this year if we can shower and get out at some point that week for a few minutes alone, then I’ll consider that a victory, but those streamer-filled past V-Days will always be pretty special in my mind.
9. Would love to do a dining room update sometime this year and simple midcentury modern chairs like these would be perfect … maybe that would be a good space for the crazy wallpaper idea!
10. The top of my “to-do” list includes making this vegan pretzel bread. It looks SO good. I’ve never made bread that needed an alkaline bath before though, so hopefully it’s not too hard!
Hope you have a fun Valentine’s Day no matter what your plans may be! I say as long as there is candy or pizza at some point, it’s totally worth the commercialism and the hype … xo. Laura