Hello friends! I had a wonderful maternity leave and I am so happy to be back part time for January. I really missed blogging, but having 24/7 to spend with Nova in our first weeks together was such a gift! Anyway, don’t let me do that thing where I make every conversation about Nova (haha), as I’m here to share 10 things I am loving on this first week in January.
1. A ritual I started more than five years ago is to plan some type of warm weather trip in the middle of winter. Then, after the holidays are over, I spend time planning outfits for the trip. It’s a small thing, but it helps me to get through the winter months when I tend to get a little bummed. Having something to look forward to is a powerful thing.
2. Since we got home with Nova we’ve been eating at home much more often. It’s been great and I feel like we all eat a lot healthier at home—especially Nova. She’ll eat a full plate of raw fruits and veggies for lunch at home, but when we eat out it always seems to be french fries … haha.
I’ve been thinking about doing some mini upgrades to our kitchen—simple things like purchasing better knives, reorganizing our fridge and finding more ways to prep Nova’s meals in advance. If you have any tips for updating a kitchen for a toddler-friendly lifestyle, I’d love to hear them. I’d love some links to anything you use, love and recommend. Our pantry needs a little TLC as well!
3. Rainbow dominoes.
5. Snagged this art print for my bnb house. Huge photo prints are my go-to wall art.
6. Nova got one of these in her stocking (annoying how the listing says it’s for boys—haha)
7. I got some of these leggings and they completely live up to the hype. Best ever. Plus they are made from recycled water bottles, which is so inspiring!
8. I’m getting ready to attempt a punch needle embroidery for Nova’s bedroom. So excited!
10. I’m participating in the Weekday Weekend Challenge this month! You can grab a cookbook here (they have Kindle edition too). I have been making a homemade latte every morning, a bowl of fruit and a huge kale salad for lunch with spicy honey mustard dressing. For those of you who are doing the challenge, what have you been eating and are you planning to do your weekend days on Fri-Sat or Sat-Sun?
Sending big hugs to everyone. I love you! Elsie